Senior Research Scientist
Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinča, University of Belgrade
Mike Alasa St. 12-14, Belgrade, 11000 Serbia
B.S. Degree in Physics, University of Kentucky
M.S. Degree in Physics, University Kentucky
Thesis title: Electronic band structure of a graphite intercalation compound with a fractional stage index.
PhD in Physics, University of Belgrade
Dissertation title: Characterization of Spatio-temporal chaos in extended systems
- 1980-1981 Teaching assistant; Physics 201 course, Department of Physics, University of Kentucky.
- 1981-1982 Teaching assistant; Physics 202 course, Department of Physics, University of Kentucky.
1983-1984 Teaching assistant; course in Mechanics and Thermodynamics, Physics Department, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland.
- Provided comprehensive teaching support for the courses mentioned above
- Delivered one-to-one assistance to students during practical sessions
- Delivered lectures related to laboratory experiments
- Created course plans working in close collaboration with Professor
- 1998 – present – Professor;
- Course in Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos Theory, Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinča, University of Belgrade
- Course in Computational Topology, Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinča, University of Belgrade
- 1998 – present PhD thesis advisor and mentor, Physics Department, University of Belgrade and Applied Mathematics Department, Technical University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Thesis supervision: Zoran Mihailović, Statistical mechanics of the Minority game, Master
degree, Physics 2005
- Mladen Nikolić, Hidden symmetries of ordinary differential equations, Master degree, Physics, 2006
- Danijela Horak, Persistent homology of complex networks, Master degree, Mathematics, 2008, Normalized Combinatorial Laplacian, PhD Mathematics 2010
- Miloš Milovanović, Self-organization in Complex Systems, Applied Mathematics, PhD 2013,
- Slobodan Maletić, Algebraic Topology of Complex Systems, PhD Physics, 2015
- Miroslav Andjelković, Algebraic topology of complex networks and topological aspects of nonlinear dynamical systems PhD Physics, 2019
Work and research experience
- 1990 – present Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinča, Belgrade.
Areas of Research:
- Applications of nonlinear dynamics systems theory to fluids and plasmas
- Spatiotemporal structures and chaos theory
- Fluid and Plasma Turbulence
- Solitons and Integrable Systems
- Applications of statistical physics in economics – Econophysics
- Statistical physics of complex systems and networks
- Applied and computational topology1986 – 1988 Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinča, Belgrade
Area of research:
- Applications of catastrophe theory to rainbow effect in ion channeling
- 1982-1985, University of Kentucky
Area of research:
- Solid state physics of graphite intercalation compounds
- Manager and project coordinator of projects financed by the Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of SerbiaОI 101986 period:
- 2000-2005; Nonlinear modelling and dynamics of multiphase flows with applications to thermal energy systems and industry
- ОI 144022 period: 2006-2010; Nonlinear phenomena and dynamics of complex systems and fluid flows
- ОI 174014 period: 2011 – 2019; Advanced analytical, numerical and methods of analysis of applied fluid dyanmics and complex systems
- Coordinator for the Republic of Serbia and member of the managing Committee of the European Scientific programs:
- COST P10 Action “Physics of Risk”, 2004-2007.
- COST MP0901 Action “Physics of Competition and Conflict” 2008-2012.
- COST Action“ Analyzing the dynamics of information and knowledge landscapes – KNOWeSCAPE 2013-2017.
English: Fluent (reading, writing, speaking)
French: Fluent (reading, writing, speaking)
Russian: Reading and speaking
Italian: Reading and speaking
- ATOMS Special Issue
- Edited by Goran Poparić, Bratislav Obradović, Duško Borka and Milan Rajković mdpi.com/books/pdfview/book/1256
- ISBN 978-3-03897-850-3 (Pbk)
- ISBN 978-3-03897-851-0 (PDF)
- Elsevier, 2019
- M. Rajković, T –H. Watanabe and M. M. Škorić, Characterization of Turbulence and Transport in Magnetic Confinement Devices, American Inst. Of Physics Proceedings 1445 (2012) pp 15-33.
- S. Maletić, M. Rajković, Simplicial Complex of Opinions on Scale-free Networks, in Complex Networks, Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer 207 (2009) 127-134.
- S, Maletić, D. Horak and M. Rajković, Statistical Mechanics of Complex Networks, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer 5102 (2008) 508,
- Milan Rajković and M.M. Škorić, Clustering Properties of Confined Plasma Tirbulence Signals, in Chaos, Complexity and Transport, ed. G. Zaslavsky, C, Chandre and X. Leoncini, World Scientific, 2008.
- M. Rajković and Z. Mihailović, Quantifying complexity in the minority game,in Stochastic Systems: From randomness to complexity, ed. Peter Hanggi and Fabio Marchesoni, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2002.
- M. Rajković, Multiresolution Local Adaptive Method for the Analysis of Spatially Extended Systems, in Simulation and Identification of Organized Structures in Flows, ed. Jens N. Sørensen, Kluwer Publications, Amsterdam, 1997.
- M. Skorić, M. Jovanović and M. Rajković, Anomalous Spectral Signatures of High-Intensity Stimulated Raman Backscattering, in Laser Interaction and related Plasma Phenomena, vol. 12, eds. G. Miley and S. Nakai, American Institute of Physics, 1996.
- M. Rajković, M. Skorić, M. Jovanović and M. Kono, Incoherent Regimes in Stimulated Raman Backscattering, in Transport, Chaos and Plasma Physics, eds. S. Benkada, F. Doveil and Y. Elskens, World Scientific, 1996.
- M. Skoric, M. Jovanovic and M. Rajkovic, Spatiotemporal intermittency and chaos in stimulated Raman scattering, in Dynamical Systems and Chaos, ed. Y. Aizawa, S. Saito and K. Shiraiwa, World Scientific, Singapore, 1995.
- Milan Rajkovic, Jovica Riznic and Mamoru Ishii, Chaos in Two-phase Flashing Flows in Spatio-temporal Structures and Chaos in Heat and Mass Transfer Processes, ed. M. Todorovic and L. Pismen, Mrljes and Sons, Nikosia, 1994.
- Milan Rajković, Miloš Milovanović and Miloš M. Škorić, Quantifying self-organization in fusion plasmas, Physics of Plasmas 24, 052303 (2017).
- Slobodan Maletić, Yi Zhao and Milan Rajković, Persistent topological features of dynamical systems, Chaos 26, 053105 (2016).
- Miroslav Andjelković, Bosiljka Tadić, Marija Mitrović Dankulov, Milan Rajković and Melnick Roderick, Topology of Innovation Spaces in the Knowledge Networks Emerging through Questions and Answers Plos One 11, (2016) e0154655.
- Miroslav Andjelković, Bosiljka Tadić, Slobodan Maletić and Milan Rajković, Hierarchical sequencing of online social graphs, Physica A, 436 (2015) 582-595.
- Slobodan Maletić and Milan Rajković, Consensus formation on a simplicial complex of opinions, Physica A, 397 (2014) 111-120.
- Miloš Milovanović and Milan Rajković, Quantifying self-organization with optimal wavelets, Europhysics letters, 102 (2013) 40004.
- Lj. Stamenić, M. Rajković and Dj. Klisić, Performance optimization of the BIPV powered electrolyser and fuel cells installation, Energy and Buildings 51 (2012) 39-47.
- Slobodan Maletić and Milan Rajković, Combinatorial Laplacian and entropy of simplicial complexes associated with complex networks, European Physical Journal-Special Topics 212 (2012) 77-97.
- Slobodan Maletić, Danijela Horak and Milan Rajković, Cooperation, Conflict and Higher-Order Structures of Social Networks, Advances in Complex Systems, 15 (2012) 1250055-(1-29).
- Slobodan Maletić, Danijela Horak and Milan Rajković, Statistical Mechanics of Simplicial Complexes, Atti del Seminario Matematico e Fisico dell’Universita` di Modena e Reggio Emilia, 2011.
- M. Rajković, T –H. Watanabe and M. M. Škorić, Spatiotemporal dynamics and transport reduction in helical magnetic configuration, Physics of Plasmas 16 (2009) 092306.
- Milan Rajković, Tomo-hiko Watanabe, M.M Škorić, Level Crossing function in the Analysis of Magnetic Confined Turbulence, Nuclear Fusion 49 (2009) 095016.
- Danijela Horak, Slobodan Maletić and Milan Rajković. Persistent Homology of Complex Networks, Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment (2009) P03034.
- Milan Rajković, M.M. Škorić, K. Sølna and G. Antar, Characetrization of Local Turbulence in Magnetic Confinement Devices, Nuclear Fusion 48 (2008) 1-13.
- Milan Rajković and M.M. Škorić, Characterization of Intermittency in Plasma Edge Turbulence, Contributions to Plasma Physics 48 (2008) L31-L35.
- Mladen Nikolić and Milan Rajković, A group theoretic approach to a class of third-order
differential equations with two parameter symmetry group solvable by quadratures,
Nonlinear Dynamics 48 (2007) 17-27. Preprint: math-ph/0509074 (also math-ph/0501070)
- Mladen Nikolić and Milan Rajković, Bifurcations in Nonlinear Models of Fluid Conveying Pipes, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 22 (2006), 173-195. Preprint: nlin.CD/0509056
- Z. Mihailović and M. Rajković, Cooperative Parrondo’s games on a two-dimensional
lattice, Physica A 365 (2006) 244-251. Preprint: cond-mat/0509783.
- M. Rajković, Nonextensive entropy as a measure of time series complexity, Physica A 340 (2004) 327-333. Preprint: nlin.CD/0404019.
- M. Rajković and Z. Mihailović, Quantifying Complexity in the Minority Game, Physica A 325 (2003) 40 – 47. Preprint: cond-mat/0306612.
- Z. Mihailović and M. Rajković, One-dimensional Asynchronous Cooperative Parrondo’s
Games, Fluctuation and Noise Letters 3 (2003) L389 – 398. Preprint: cond-mat/0307193.
- Z. Mihailović and M. Rajković, Synchronous Cooperative Parrondo’s Games, Fluctuation and Noise Letters 3 (2003) L399 – 406. Preprint: cond-mat/0307212.
- M. Rajković, Extracting Meaningful Information from Financial Data, Physica A 287 (2000) 383 – 395.
- M.M. Škorić, M.S. Jovanović and M.R. Rajković, Route to Turbulence in Stimulated Raman Backscattering, Physical Review E, 53, (1996), 4056 – 4066.
- M.M. Škorić, M.S. Jovanović and M.R. Rajković, Spatiotemporal Intermittency and Chaos
in Stimulated Raman Scattering, Europhysics Lett., 34, (1996), 19-24.
- Milan Rajković, Jovica Riznić and Mamoru Ishii, Spatio-Temporal Complexities and Chaos in Two-phase Flashing Flow, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 1-3, (1994), 53 – 66.
- Milan Rajković, J. Riznić and M. Ishii, Chaos in Two-phase Flashing Flows, Journal of Heat Technology, 1, 1996 , 3 – 19.
- Milan Rajković, J. Riznić and Mamoru Ishii, Spatio-temporal Analysis of Two-phase Flow Complexities, Thermal Science 3-4, (1994), 8.
- A. H. Benade and Milan Rajković, Junction inertances and compliances at waveguide discontinuities , J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 77, S1 (1985) S91.
- Proceedings of the ASME Heat Transfer Division – 1998, The 1998 ASME Int. Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, November 1998, Anaheim, CA.
- Proceedings of the International Symposium on Physics of Ionized Gases, Belgrade, August 2018.
- M. Rajkovic , Time operator and Number Theory
20th Symposium on Condensed Matter Physics (SFKM), Belgrade, October 7-11, 2019
- M. Rajković, Quantifying Self-organization in Arts, Final meeting of the (COSMOS), H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – Innovative Training Networks program, Dolenjske Toplice, Slovenia, October 2018.
- M. Rajković and M. Milovanović, Quantifying self-organization and complexity in complex systems, 19th Symposium on Condensed Matter Physics SFKM 2019, Beograd.
- M. Rajković, Simplicial Complexes as Complex Networks http://e20.manu.edu.mk/complexsystems/ , Complex systems from theory to applications, Skopje, May 7-9, 2007.
- Milan Rajković and Zoran Mihailović, Quantifying Complexity of Financial Markets and Minority Games, 3rd Japan – Yugoslavia Joint Workshop on Computer Simulation in Science, Belgrade, September 2002.
- Milan Rajković, Phase Transitions and Complexities in the Minority Game, 2nd Japan – Yugoslavia Joint Workshop on Computer Simulation in Science, National Institute of Fusion Science, Toki, Japan, October, 2001.
- Milan Rajković, Complexity and Irreversibility in Turbulence and Financial Market’s Data, 1st Japan – Yugoslavia Joint Workshop on Computer Simulation in Science, Belgrade, September 2000.
- M. Rajković, Analysis of Coherent Structures in Extended Systems by the Local Multiresolution Adaptive Method, International Conference on Physics of Ionized Gases (SPIG), 1998, Zlatibor, Yugoslavia.
- M. Rajkovic and M. Andjelkovic, Homology and multifractal features of chaotic dynamic systems, Proceedings of CHAOS 2019 Chaotic Modeling and Simulation, International Conference, 18 – 22 June 2019, Chania, Crete, Greece, p.86-7.
- M. Rajković, Applied topology of nonliner dynamic systems, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on chaotic modeling and simulation, CHAOS 2018, Rome, p. 111.
- M. Rajković, Predicting Cross-Scale Self-Organization in Turbulent Magnetically Confined Plasmas, paper TH/P3-38, 26th IAEA Conference on Nuclear Fusion, Kyoto, October 17-22, 2016.
- M. Rajković and M. Milovanović, Wavelet based Hidden Markov method for quantifying self-organization and complexity, Complexity and self-organization in complex systems, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on chaotic modeling and simulation, CHAOS, May 26-29, 2015, Paris, pp. 105-6.
- M. Rajković, M. Milovanović, T-H Watanabe and M. Škorić Quantifying self-organization in magnetically confined fusion plasmas, Paper TH/P1-7, 25th IAEA Fusion Energy Conferennce, St. Peterburg, Ocoteber 13-18, 2014.
- M. Rajković, Instabilities in the connective structure of financial simplicial networks, International conference on statistical mechanics, Sigma Phi, July 7-11, 2014, Rhodos.
- M. Rajković, Nonextensivity as a measure of self-organization and the criterion for an optimal wavelet representation, International conference on statistical mechanics, Sigma Phi, July 7-11, 2014, Rhodos.
- M. Rajković, S. Maletić, Statistical Mechanics of Simplicial Complexes: Combinatorial Laplacian and Spectral Entropy, International conference on statistical mechanics, Sigma Phi, 2011, Larnaca, Cyprus, 2011.
- M. Rajković, T-H. Watanabe, Spatiotemporal chaos, stochasticity and coherent structures related to turbulent transport in toroidal magnetic configurations, Workshop on Electric fields, Turbulence, and Self-organization in magnetic plasmas, EFTSOMP 2011, Starsbourg.
- M. Rajković, T-H. Watanabe and M.Škorić, Spatiotemporal chaos, stochasticity and transport in toroidal magnetic configurations, paper THS/P8-04, 23rd IAEA Fusion ENergy Conference, Daejon October 11-16, 2010.
- M. Rajković, S. Maletić and D. Horak, Statistical mechanics of simplicial complexes, Proceedings of Computational and Geometric Topology International Conference, Bertinoro, Italy, pp. 241-258.
- M. Rajković, M. Škorić and. M. Kono, Local multifractal characteristics of confined plasma and neutral fluid turbulence, International Symposium, on the Physics of Ionized Gases, SPIG 2010 piblished as Publ. Astron. Obs. Belgrade 89 (2010) 355-8.
- M. Rajković, Multifractal and Non-extensive Analysis of Magnetic Confined Plasma Turbulence, International conference on nonextensive statistical mechanics, NEXT 2008, Kolymbari, Crete.
- M. Rajković, Control of Spatiotemporal Chaos and Transport Reduction in Helical Magnetic Configuration, Toki 2008
- M. Rajković, Characterization of Intermittency in Plasma Edge Turbulence, The 11th International workshop on Plasma Edge Theory in Fusion devices, PET 2007, Takayama.
- M. Rajković, A Comparison of netral fluid and plasma intermittency, The 27th International Toki Conference on Plasma and Fusion Research, Toki-city, Japan 2007.
- M. Rajković et Zoran Mihailović, Dynamique spatio-temporelle des jeux paradoxaux de spin-modele sur un resau, Proceedings de 5éme Colloque sur le Chaos Temporel et le Chaos Spatio-temporel 12-13 Decembre 2005 – ISEL, Le Havre – France.
- S. Maletić , Z. Mihailović and M. Rajković, The Program Structure of Television, Proceedings of the international workshop Potentials of Complexity Science for Business, Governments and the Media, Budapest, August 2006.
- Milan Rajković et Zoran Mihailović, Dynamique spatio-temporelle des jeux paradoxaux de spin-modèle sur un reseau, 5e Colloque Chaos Temporel et Chaos Spatio-Temporel, C. Letellier, O. Crumeyrolle, A. Prognet et I. Mutabazi, Editeurs, Decembre 2005. pp27-32.
- Mladen Nikolić and Milan Rajković, Bifurcations from Stationary Solutions in Nonlinear Models of Fluid Conveying Pipes, Proceedings of the International Conference on Flow Induced Vibrations (FIV), ed. E. de Langre and F. Axisa, Paris, July 2004, p. 172.
- Milan Rajković, Topological Complexity in Detection of Phase Changes and Classification of Time Signals, Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Physics in Signal and Image Processing, Grenoble, January 2003, ed. P. Réfrégier, J.M. Chassery and P.O. Amblard, pp. 97-100.
- Z. Mihailović and M. Rajković, Discrete Scale Invariance Method for Predicting Tube Rupture, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 11), ed. M. Aritomi, Tokyo, April 2003, pp.
- M. Rajković, Multiresolution local adaptive method for the analysis of spatio-temporal signals, 31st Workshop on Complexity, Metastability and Nonextensivity, Erice, 2003.
- M. Rajković, Evolutive and Catastrophic Bifurcations in Two-phase Flow Regime Transitions, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Multiphase Flows (ICMF), New Orleans, 2001, ed. E. E. Michaelidis, paper no. 481, E1-E11.
- M. Rajković, Strong Localization of Acoustic Waves in Two – Phase Mixtures, International Conference on Multiphase Flows, Lyon, France, June 1998.
- Milan Rajković, Multiresolution Local Adaptive Method for the Analysis of Spatiotemporal Systems, IUTAM Symposium on Simulation and Identification of Organizaed Structures in Flows, Lyngby, Denmark, May, 1997.
- M. Rajkovic, J. Riznić and G. Kojasoy, Flow Pattern Transitions in Horizontal Two – phase Flow; a Nonlinear Dynamics Approach, Proceedings of the NURETH – 8 Meeting, Kyoto, Japan , 1997.
- M. Rajković, Spatiotemporal Chaos in Three Wave Interaction, Proceedings of Fluctuations, Nonlinearity and Disorder, September 1996, Crete, Greece.
- M. Kono, M. Skorić, M. Jovanović, M. Rajković and S. Myamoto, Anomalous Spectral Signatures in Three Wave Interaction, 24 European Conference on Laser Interaction with Matter, ECLIM, 1996, Madrid, Book of Abstracts, PM-70.
- M. Rajković, J. Riznić and G. Kojasoy, Dynamical Characteristics of Flow Pattern Transitions in Two-phase Flows, Proceedings of Eurotherm Conference, Rome, May 1996 .
- M. Skorić, M. Jovanović and M. Rajković, Spectral Sigantures of Anomalous Regimes in Stimulated Raman Backscattering, Proceedings of the International conference on Laser interaction with matter, Osaka, Japan, 1995.
- M. Rajković, Analysis of Spatiotemporal Signals of Dynamical Systems: Theory and Appplications, Proceeedings of the International Conference on Signal Processing and Appplied Technologies, Boston, October 1995.
- M. Skorić, M. Jovanović and M. Rajković, Coexistence of coherent and turbulent regimes in Stimulated Raman Scattering in Plasma, International Topical Plasma Physics Workshop and Symposium: Coherent Processes in Nonlinear Media, Inernational Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, 1995.
- M. Skorić, M. Jovanović M. Rajković and M. Kono, Coherence and Turbulence in Nonlinear Three Wave Interaction, International Workshop on Transport, Chaos and Plasma Physics 2, Marseille, France, 1995.
33. Milan Rajković, Jovica Riznić and Mamoru Ishii, Spatio-temporal Analysis of Multiphase Flows: State of the Art, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Multiphase Flows, Kyoto, Japan, April 1995.
- Milan Rajković, Jovica Riznić and Mamoru Ishii, Characteristics of Spatiotemporal Intermittency in Two-phase Flows, International Symposium on Two-phase Flow Modelling and Experimentation, Rome, October 1995.
- Milan Rajković and Jovica Riznić, Chaos in Two-phase Flashing Flow: Theory and experiment, Proseedings of the 1994 Winter ASME Conference, Chicago, October 1994.
- Milan Rajković, Vlada Radivojević and Dejan Timotijević, Complexity Analysis of the Electrical Activity of the Human Brain, Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Clinical Neurophysiology, Budapest, July 1994.
- Milan Rajković, Vlada Radivojević and Dejan Timotijević, Analysis of Pathological EEG recordings using the Bi-Orthogonal Method, Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Clinical Neurophysiology, Budapest, July 1994.
- M. Skorić, M. Jovanović and M. Rajković, Spatiotemporal intermittency in stimulated Raman scattering, Proceedings of the International seminar on dynamical systems and chaos, Tokyo, Japan, 1994.
- Milan Rajković, Jovica Riznić and Mamoru Ishii, Flow Regime Classification and Spatio-temporal Complexities in Flashing Flows, Proceedings of the 29th National Heat Transfer Conference, Atlanta, GA, August 1993.
- Milan Rajković, Jovica Riznić and Mamoru Ishii, Spatio-Temporal Complexities and Chaos in Two-phase Flows, Proceedings of the 6th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics, Grenoble, France, October 1993., p.103.
- Milan Rajković, Jovica Riznić and Mamoru Ishii, Chaotic Bubbling Dynamcs in Two-phase Flashing Flow, Proceedings of the International Centre for Heat and Mass Transfer Seminar on Spatio-temporal Structures and Chaos in Heat and Mass Transfer Processes, Athens, Greece, 1992.
- B.S. Degree in Physics, University of Kentucky
- M.S. Degree in Physics, University Kentucky
- PhD in Physics, University of Belgrade
Meet the experts
Dr. Predrag Dugalić was born in Belgrade in 1964, where he finished primary and secondary school with excellent results (Vuk's diploma). He enrolled at the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade…PROFILE
Case Study: Effects of the Lucha T8 device 258
Is the total number of individuals who underwent the trial treatment in the quantum medicine practice